- Upload a PDF of your one-page (one page only please) resume to the course Moodle site (see syllabus) before the first meeting of the class. You have access to the Moodle site if you are registered for the course.
- Fill out the Contact Information Form. This is is used to create the class list, show team assignments, and configure team mailing lists.
More things to do
- Get yourself the required project notebook. See syllabus for information.
- Purchase the required text book and read Chapters 1-8 this week and the rest next week. The clients are expecting that you are familiar
with product development at least at the level of this book. Reread appropriate
sections of the book to prepare for lectures.
- Read the Info for Sponsors link on the course page so that you are familiar with how the sponsoring companies
view this course.
- Read the confidential project description document located on the course Moodle site
- Click on all the links in the on-line schedule. Become familiar with all
of the team assignments and scope out how much work each entails. Teams will be self-directed in
handling assignments so it is essential that teams have a good management
process for ensuring all work is professional and completed on time. Unless
otherwise stated in the deliverable description, "completion" of
a deliverable requires posting an electronic copy on the team web site and
delivering one paper copy to class.
- Read the syllabus.